Self Build Site Insurance









Planning Permission




Timber Frame


Building Materials


VAT Reclaim




Build Story


Glenns Build


Log Cabin Build


Contact Us


Self Build Site Insurance

There are many different ways to self build, be it a barn conversion, extension, renovation or a new self build. Each route has its own pitfalls and as those who have self built before will tell you, it is often not plain sailing! 

Self Build site insurance is of fundamental importance when investing your money into property and is designed to be taken out when you purchase your plot of land. Your self build could be disrupted for a number of reasons including disputes with your contractors, accident, injury, arson or theft. Self build site insurance ensures you are covered for almost any eventuality and provides you with financial compensation in the event of a loss. 

We understand that building a home can involve the entire family and therefore personal accident is provided for you and your immediate family.

The Selfbuildit team has been serving the self build industry for years or has actually built themselves. This means that we are aware of exactly what is important to you. 

Selfbuild Building Site Insurance. We have researched the market to find the best self build insurance available. Click here to get an instant on line quotation.

Self build Public Liability Insurance 
This covers legal liability for claims made by any other person or body in respect of death, injury or loss arising from your building operations, and there is standard cover for either 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 in all self build policies. Claims under this section of the policy are unusual, but when they do arise the sums involved are usually very large. 
Selfbuild Employers Liability Insurance 
This is a legal requirement if you are employing anyone. It is important to understand what is meant by employment, as most self-builders use sub contractors and do not employ anyone in the general sense of the word. However, as far as an accident to someone who is working for you is concerned, you certainly owe him a 'duty of care' to ensure he does not get injured on your site, and if a sub contractor is injured on your site his solicitor will establish that he has 'deemed contract of employment' 
Self Build Contracts Works Insurance 
This is sometimes called site risks insurance, and protects against the more common losses - theft, vandalism, structural damage, fire, flood, storm damage, damage by delivery vehicles etc. etc. The new building is protected at every stage, and materials are covered as soon as ownership of them passes to the self builder, whether on or off the site. 
Selfbuild Insurance required by others 
Self builders are often obliged to take out special cover by someone who is permitting them to do something. The most common example is when a drainage authority requires that they have five million pound of cover during the half hour that they are making a drain connection. 

More info on Building Site Insurance


We operate in the following areas UK England Scotland Wales Great Britain Aberdeenshire Angus Argyll & Bute Armagh Ayrshire Bedfordshire Berkshire Borders Buckinghamshire Cambridgeshire Carmarthenshire Ceredigion Cheshire Conwy Cornwall Cumbria Denbighshire Derbyshire Devon Dorset Dumfries & Galloway Durham Essex Fermanagh Fife Flintshire Glamorgan Gloucestershire Greater Glasgow Gwent Gwynedd Hampshire Herefordshire Hertfordshire Highlands Kent Lancashire Lanarkshire Leicestershire Lincolnshire Greater London Londonderry Lothian Greater Manchester Merseyside Moray Northamptonshire Northumberland Norfolk Nottinghamshire Orkney & Shetland Oxfordshire Pembrokeshire Perth & Kinross Powys Shropshire Somerset & Avon Staffordshire Stirlingshire Suffolk Surrey Sussex Tyne & Wear Tyrone Warwickshire Western Isles West Midlands Wiltshire Worcestershire Wrexham Yorkshire